Who we are
Collection of Personal and Non-Personal Information
We collect certain personally identifiable information about you (i.e., information which may identify you in some way, such as your age, gender, birthdate, name, address, telephone number, email address, payment information, and username) through a Site when you voluntarily submit it. We may request that you submit information in certain instances, such as when you make a purchase, submit comments or questions, request information, participate in a promotion, contest or sweepstakes or utilize other features or functions of a Site. When you connect to a Site, certain technical information may be collected through the use of “cookies” and other tracking tools. This information may include but is not limited to your IP host address, internet browser type, personal computer settings, and the number, duration, and character of page visits. We collect information about users over time when you use the site. For example, we may look at what site you came from or visited when you leave us. We may also have third parties collect personal information this way. This information assists us in updating a Site so that it remains attractive to our visitors and contains content that is tailored to visitors’ interests. You may set your computer browser to disable cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent. If you disable cookies, we may be unable to optimize your visit to a Site, and certain features on the site may not be available. We may also combine information. For example, we may combine information collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
Use of Your Information
We use information as disclosed and described here:
- To respond to your questions, comments, and requests; to provide you with access to certain areas and features on a Site, and improve our products and services. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- For marketing purposes, including to provide you with information about new products and special offers, and to serve you with ads about our products and offers. We may tell you about new features or updates. We may also tell you about third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the “Managing Your Personal Information” section below.
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the rules or policies of a Site, or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper.
- To share with our parent, subsidiary, affiliated companies, and promotional partners.
- To share with third parties involved in creating, producing, delivering, or maintaining a Site, as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the site (such as administration of the site, administration of promotions or other features on the site, marketing, data analysis, or customer services). To share such information, we may need to transmit your information outside the jurisdiction set forth below, and you agree to this transfer.
- To share with third parties for their marketing purposes. These third parties may include our promotional partners and other business partners. These may also include third parties whose products or services we believe you may be interested in. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use the information for their marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- For other purposes as disclosed when your information is collected or in any additional terms and conditions applicable to a particular Site feature.
- For disclosures required by law, regulation, or court order, or if a government agency or investigatory body requests.
- For or in connection with legal proceedings or necessary for establishing, defending, or exercising legal rights.
- In an emergency to protect the health or safety of users of a Site or the general public, or in national security interests.
- As otherwise permitted by law, or as we may notify you from time to time.
Managing Your Personal Information
If you wish to verify, update, or correct information collected through a Site, contact us by mail at ELKOY, Attn: Legal Department, 13 rue General Plessier 69002 Lyon, FRANCE.
You can opt-out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, don’t hesitate to contact us at +33 (0)478 42 35 12 or follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions and other communications with our customer service team.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at ELKOY, Attn: Legal Department, 13 rue General Plessier 69002 Lyon, FRANCE. Please indicate that you are an American resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry in your letter.
Links to Other Sites
A Site may contain links to other websites not owned, operated, or maintained by us. You should note when you leave a Site and read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of every website you visit. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our Sites (including those linked to through an email). Despite any links that might exist on a Site, unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not control, recommend, or endorse and are not affiliated with these websites or their content, products, services, or privacy policies. Downloading material from certain websites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your computer system.
Protection of Children’s Privacy
We take the protection of children’s privacy seriously. We operate the Sites in compliance with all applicable laws in the jurisdiction set forth below. Our Sites are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under thirteen (13) without prior verifiable parental consent.
The security of your information is fundamental to us. We have put standard physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or information stored on a Site or our servers will be completely safe. Your use of a Site demonstrates your assumption of this risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we disclaim all liability and responsibility for any damages (including, but not limited to, any direct, special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or other damages of any kind, whether in the contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence), or otherwise) that you may suffer due to any loss, unauthorized access, misuse, or alteration of any information you submit to a Site.
Transfer of Assets
During our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires ELKOY Collective. or all or part of our assets, information that we have collected about the Sites’ users may be transferred to such entity. Also, suppose any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us. In that case, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices when you log in. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
An additional cookie will be saved in your browser if you edit or publish an article. This cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long do we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can automatically recognize and approve any follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
© 2022 ELKOY Collective. All rights reserved.